To Jerbourg with Mum

A slightly sadder and wiser man I opted for a vegetarian breakfast this morning. Lorraine decided to have a quiet morning of embroidery and relaxation, and Mum and I went out for a long walk to Jerbourg. Another utterly beautiful day, and a good chance for me to catch up with all that is happening with Mum. Mum scampers up and down the cliff paths amazingly well and my step counter told me that at the end of the day we had done about 20k paces much of them up stairs and rocky paths along the seagull and kestrel haunted paths.

We stopped off at Jerbourg to be sullenly supplied with tea by the kiosk lady before walking home along the roads. Found Lorraine, and we had a bit of downtime before getting a taxi into town this afternoon. Lorraine shopping for bras and had a proper fitting and came away with two excellent new bras. I learned quite a bit about bras today.  Mum and I slipped off for a cup of wretched coffee in the place that now does crepes by the market.

Eventually after lurking about somewhat ineffectually we opted for an early supper in Dix Neuf, found myself to be very hungry then, not having had lunch. I was more restrained tonight, and we got a cheery local taxi home, and had a nightcap and game of rummy in the hotel bar, and Lorraine showed Mum a few more iPad tricks.

An interlude of drama as an older woman was carried out dead to the world from the restaurant through the bar outside to await an ambulance. I thought she had joined the majority, but Lorraine went outside and took her pulse and generally was fantastic till the ambulance got here. However ten minutes later, she returned imperiously on her feet right as rain. Her daughter and son in law sought the consolation of a brandy after her mother had gone to bed.

Below the view towards the Dog and Lion, and Petit Port at low tide. Was attracted buy the hooky bits of iron poking from a Nazi bunker.





Comments