A hard slog in the Old Church Hall

A hard slog in the Old Church Hall. Getting the sample chapters ready and working on the covering letter for days. I have noticed also outbreaks of self-sabotaging slapdashery, sudden losses of confidence, displacement activities, exhaustion  and so on. I seem to see these for what they are however, which I think I have not been able to before.

When not thinking about the big project, I have been fiddling with my poetry pamphlet The Nightwork. It has 14 pages for poems, which will let me collect some earlier poems that that were not in A Guernsey Double, and aren't too embarrassing to contemplate. This makes it possible to focus on a whole generation of newer poems.

Otherwise little to report. Lorraine working very hard as usual. Both of us need a break and -- thanks be! -- we have one next week.

Happened upon this picture of Charlie Brown that seems to sum it all up for me.


Comments