Art couriers

Lorraine and I lay abed till late today, drinking tea and so on till it was time to get up and fashion with Beth and John a very large breakfast, which was eaten with gusto. Beth and John left on what turned out to be a ghastly long journey to London. While Lorraine and I after a certain amount of tidying and getting organised for the week, into the car and off to Edgware to pick up Mum's paintings and courier them back for Janet's Diva Open House.

Mum sad about her half-brother Alex's recent death. She also had lots of things of his. I was given a Freud book that my grandfather had, as well as some excellent illustrations for a children's book that my Grandfather had done, that Mum said I should write a story for. Meanwhile Mason preparing to go to Dubai shortly for a business trip.

Off to the Harvester restaurant for a bazillion calorie, mercifully some of them in the liquid form of a couple of pints of beer.  Then back home to load up, and after fond farewells drove back to Brighton. Feeling somewhat coldy by this evening, and apart from watching match of the day, where Chelsea satisfyingly beat Liverpool it was amazing to finally crawl into bed.

Below two photos of photos...  Carl and I when we were in our twenties, and a glamorous one of mum when she was about 16.







Comments