Icart on Long Acre

Calliope waking me from about 5:30 this morning, something I did not miss in La Barbarie. Despite having not to be up in London till 11 I got up at a sedate seven under The Cloud of Things That Must Be Done but my desktop decided not to work after an update, so this flying start was wasted.

Off to the Smoke doing some work on the train, and found the new agency. All okay, and an interesting project, the commercially sensitive details of which I cannot go into here. Off at lunchtime and found myself walking along Long Acre near Covent Garden thinking that this time yesterday I was walking on the Icart Road with Lorraine and Mum. I closed my eyes and could still picture it. A beautiful day though. I spoke briefly to Mum and Mas as I mooched along eating a salmon and cucumber sandwich. A slightly lonely day, being the newbie and knowing nobody. Some stir in the office when people spotted a couple making love in a room in the building opposite.

Home again, walking though London and down to Embankment Station then to Victoria. A nice journey home in the sunlight, early to Brighton station but then wasted 20 minutes in the useless ticket office. Home and Lorraine, naturally working at home when I am working in London, cooked a delicious vegetarian meal. Felt like I need to engulf some veggies.

Upstairs to do some more work at nine. But my computer may have a virus or something, and after an hour of futile struggling with it I simply came back down again feeling tetchy.

Comments