Getting it done

Eventually the great list of the week was done on Friday afternoon. The package manuscript of the big project finally ready and I have sent my covering letter to Catherine as she kindly said she would peruse it from a publisher's perspective. Knowing Catherine is there is a great comfort.

My Lorraine had been working at home all day, and as of 5 o'clock we are officially on holiday. We'd also snuck around to Arkwright's at lunchtime, bought a couple of their egg hogs and scoffed them in the park in our special walled garden.

Lorraine and I in a celebratory mood this evening, a quick zoom to Sainsbury's then off to the Shahi where we met Jess and Andrew. A fun evening, I am increasingly liking Andrew, and we drifted down to Circus Circus afterwards for long chats. Enjoyed beers for the first time since last Saturday.

On my return from Guernsey I will be sending my manuscript out and turning my attention to social media and personal marketing -- not to mention earning some proper dosh.  Felt the weight of self-imposed pressure lifting from my shoulders.

The air changed this afternoon, the smog and the Saharan dust clearing in a cooler fresh breeze. I had itchy sinuses, and a bit of a sore throat for the last couple of days, and had thought nothing of it until they disappeared as soon as the air changed.

Comments