On Moulin Huet

A slow start to the day. Mum off to see Ken, Dave's brother, and Lorraine and I lurked about in our room in the morning. Lorraine sitting on the balcony in the sun.

When Mum came back we walked down to Moulin Huet and had a long sunny afternoon on the beach. The tide out quite far when we got there, and we gradually retreated back in as the tide rose. I did things I rarely do, such as a good deal of paddling, and some scrambling on rocks, disturbing gobies (cabou) that flitted in rock pools. A mystical wondrous beach with almost nobody on it but us and some gulls nosing among the big rocks. I kept noticing the colours of aubergine and honey coloured rocks against the green sea. I wanted to paint a room in those colours.

Mum searching for sea glass, Lorraine eventually settling to do some needlework in the sun. All rather lovely and all of us were reluctant to climb the hill back to La Barbarie. A meal in the hotel tonight, and a few drinks in the bar afterwards, feeling slightly sad that this was the last night here for a while.

In Moulin Huet valley, then on the beach variously and some sea thrift which randomly caught my fancy.










Comments