Back to Blighty

Final morning in Guernsey. After breakfast we went to Brouards to buy some flowers to put on my Grandparents' grave. This done, and a certain amount of looking at other graves and thinking of the people Mum and I knew in them, we went down to St Martin's church to say hello to La Gran'mère and pop into the Church for a brief mooch about.

From there we walked to Icart Point, and sat on the bench and looked at the cloud patches on the turquoise water and felt rather sad to be leaving all this beauty.

Collected by a cab from La Barbarie and off to the airport. Little to report here, a pleasant enough flight with clear views from my window over Alderney and the French coast. We flew over Brighton too.

Fond farewells with Mum at Gatwick train station. Lorraine and I speeding home with a cheery taxi driver from the station. Beth and John at home, but I had to go upstairs and start work taking a brief on the freelance work I am going to be doing over the next few weeks.

This done, and a delicious chicken, roast vegetables, couscous with harissa sauce downed, I made off to a poetry workshop at The Caxton. I took the wrong stuff so didn't personally get too much from it, but one or two intriguing poems.

Walking home from this I spotted Claudius and Richard outside the Evening Star, and I joined them for a fast beer before heading home and arriving at a very respectable 9:40. Chatting to young John for a bit before making off to bed quite early.

Below inside St Martin's Church, Mum (rather irreverently) holding La Gran'mère, and a farewell to Icart.









Comments