The world's my lobster

Forced Lorraine to relax. First a lie-in this morning, followed by Lorraine and I taking a trip to the gym, which I enjoyed. Home to a sensible Quorn sausage sandwich, and less sensible chocolate which I'd been given yesterday. Some snoozing on the sofa too, and reading of a nice letter from Richard.

Letter from the Community charge people to Lorraine Symons and Kenny Peter.

In the evening to the Lion and Lobster to celebrate Rosie's birthday, which was on the 13th. Rosie's friends very pleasant. I sat next to an interesting woman called Sam Toft who is an artist who has created a set of characters who inhabit all her works. Matt arrived too, and we had several chats. He is going through a painful separation from his choir, which he has been musical director of for nine years. It will, however, free him to work on other projects, including an opera. Both the restaurant and bar areas of the pub rammed with people, and very airless on account of them not wanting to open the windows as they are in a residential area.

Lorraine and I home late again. A nice night, although I was feeling a bit tired and jaded, and pleased to be walking home in the cool sea air. Generally feeling much more cheery lately than in recent months.

Comments