Up a ladder

Up early and off to the Twitten as Alf the plumber came to check my gas. This the final check I needed before I can begin to rent. All fine until the very last thing he checked, which needs an electrician to make sure the gas is properly earthed through the electricity box. Gah.

However I had a very productive morning dabbing paint on here and there, gardening and generally tidying. Also took some photos of the place to put on Gumtree, which is a site for advertising houses to rent among other things. Got talking to Merlin, one of my neighbours in the Twitten. He was cutting his hedge, which drifted small bits of debris onto the widow frame I was painting. But he kindly lent me a large ladder which I precariously ventured up a few times to peer at windows and so on. Good view of the Twitten under a wonderful blue sky. Merlin rather likeable and works charitably supplying bicycles to Africa.

Home in the afternoon, Lorraine working from the home office. I did a few bits and pieces in the afternoon, before we walked to The Sussex Yeoman to meet Anna, Anton and Brian to strap on the nosebag and celebrate my birthday. Cool night and needed a coat. Lots of nice presents, including a book on foraging in the wild, which made me want to lace up the walking boots and denude Sussex of its nuts and berries. And pressies from my lovely Godchildren. Anna very up and cheerful as her business has taken a big turn for the better. Lovely to see everyone. Brian he has moved to Windsor, and is now a neighbour of the Queen. Anton explaining about his cat management technique (they also have three). He leaves them hungry so they all start turning on each other.

All of us seemed rather tired, and we drifted off at closing time in a very well behaved manner. Home, and blissful bed.

Below a snap of my empty house.

Comments