Cockapoo

UP early and off to the Twitten to let in the carpet laying man. He worked efficiently and had the carpet done in an hour or so. I then spent most of the day working on the house. Much of this on all fours, scrubbing the kitchen floor, polishing the wooden floors, then cutting back the jasmine in the garden, washing windows and other time-consuming tasks.

Called by Anton who was telling me about his meetings with charismatic captains of the IT industry, and by Bob who was reporting trouble with a cockapoo. I believe this is a sort of dog. Bob has to sleep on a sofa because of nocturnal howling due to abandonment issues (the cockapoo that is, not the old Mad Dog).

Up to see Janet and Ken in the late afternoon. Nice to hang out and chat with them about politics, crafts and buttons. Ken showed me a French academic hardback written by four authors, and he was listed first. A rather fine achievement.

Then home, feeling dog tired and my back aching due to the all fours business. Discovered the mortgage people have at last sent me the correct information, and my accountant has sorted me out nicely for the year. Then Lorraine arrived home early, and we zoomed off to get some chips and collect a mysterious package from the Post Office. Lorraine reading a boring looking article on the sofa tonight, and keen for an early night. Betty off to Chessington World of Adventures tonight for an interview.

Comments