Sundrenched day

Had an idea for a video for Minotaur today, and I mooched about filming walls in Brighton garnering quizzical looks as I went about my business. We sloped off to my old house, and chatted to Dawn, then Lorraine went to have her hair done and I did some painting and replaced the thermostat on the central heating. Also had a chat with Alex my neighbour. With the strong sun streaming in the freshly-painted empty rooms, I felt a pang of attachment.

Back out into the blazing day, and I met a nicely-haired Lorraine for coffee and a snack, and we headed down to the seaside where we basked happily among half the population of Southern England, many of whom danced over the painful pebbles into the sea. It was unbelievably crowded, as the snaps below attest.

Then home, with me filming walls and looking out for things to do with bulls. Saw a astrological glyph for Taurus, and quite near home found a bull's skull in a shop. I have a theory that if you look for something, like a bull in a town centre, you will find it.

Walked outside the library where there was some folk dancing going on, and surprised to see Adam Bushell playing a variety of instruments in accompaniment.

In the evening off to Wayne and Matt's, for it had been Wayne's birthday during the week. I told John, who has partial hearing, about going deaf in one ear for a few weeks. His needs to leave the Basketmakers, and stand outside in the quiet is no longer a mistery. If you are partially deaf, noisy pubs are alienating rather than social.

Lots of good chat, and Lorraine home rather late with our top hats askew.

Below some folk dancing in the square with Adam banging a drum, and Brighton beach utterly heaving on October 1st.




Comments