Quiet Adventurers

I don't believe in writer's block, but I am finding it impossible to write at the moment. Apart from jotting ideas that, if I had been able to write, I would have written about. Welsh Tracey called by this morning to have a long chat with Lorraine about data. Needless to say, I left them to it.

Then off to the supermarket. I am trying to introduce some logic into Lorraine's shopping patterns. For example she will walk through the entire supermarket to get to the sparkling water, which is the heaviest item, and then go back to where she started, rather than collecting it just before checkout, which clearly is the sensible way. Surprisingly she is resisting change, generally good fun though. Not every day you can say that about a trip to the supermarket.

Betty returned home this afternoon and filled in an execrably long online application form to be an entertainment host at Chessington World of Adventures. This is for a part time student job, but they asked the same questions they might have asked of a Marketing Manager. Absurd. I have never been to Chessington World of Adventures. Apparently visitors are referred to as 'Adventurers'.

A roast Sunday lunch. Thank God for ovens that work, and Lorraine who is a wonderful cook. After Betty left, Lorraine working again. I read: some Coleridge, and a book about drawing, and then watched a documentary about the rock group U2 before pulling up stumps for bed.

Comments