A busy Friday night

Up and off to the Twitten again today, where I met a man called Barry who looked at windows and walls and shot laser dots about the place and poked his head into the loft so that I could get my Energy Performance Certificate. I also rather liked Barry and it turned out he also had his own IT company and may need a writer to scribe some blogs for him, so doubly good.

Back home and had breakfast with Betty, and later walked with her into town before I headed for the gym. I still don't have much energy or stamina but it is reassuring to be going there and doing something. Cath came around to use a computer as her broadband had failed and she needed to complete some job applications. I left her to it working on the gold sofa for an hour and clambered up into the mezzanine area to press on with world dimination.

In the evening, after a judicious nap, off to The Basketmakers to meet Matt and Betty and Mark. Mark enjoying his course too, which includes the theoretical analysis of comedy. The pub rammed at one point and we were getting elbows hovering in our faces. Lorraine joined us, and later Dawn and Rosie popped in too. A lovely thing just to sit in the Basketmakers and have a few beers, something I've not done for far too long. Good to catch up with Matt too. He is having a tricky time with his choir, and we chatted about this for some time and then generally enlarge on how big and clever we are. He likes the video I made, which is good. I scarpered round the corner to catch The Sumerian Kyngs, I bought a ticket to their gig, bought a beer, and watched them complete the last three or four bars of their last song. Gah. Nice chat with Steve though, who was very buzzing with how the gig had gone.

I returned to the Basketmakers, and Lorraine and I eventually lurched home, stopping at Ace Pizza for the guilty pleasure of an American hot pizza. Ah blissful bed.

Comments