White night

Lazy morning with Lorraine. Then off to town. I went to Waterstones with the token Brian had given me for my Birthday and bought a book by Patti Smith. Then off to the gym, where I had a good workout.

The structure of the weekend is beginning to change, as Chelsea were again beaten today, which means Match of the Day is to be avoided.

Instead, however, a fantastic night out. Seems half of Brighton emptied out into the streets. Lorraine put on a pointy witches hat, spider earrings and a bat called boris dangled from her waist. I donned a grinning skull mask, and we set off into the night with Cath, and a pal of Lorraine's called Wendy. Walked down London Road and came across Klaudia walking along with a posse of her pals and Anna the Godmother. Klaudia dressed as a witch. Anna recognised me despite having a grinning skull mask. Klaudia giving me a hug when she saw it was me.

Quite enjoyed wearing a mask, feeling in a tiny way I was adding to the fun.

Then to The Basketmakers where we were joined by Dawny, whose birthday it had just been, her pals Caroline, Mark and Jane. Had a quick pint there, and set off into the night. Huge fun in Brighton, with madness everywhere. A team of people parading about with what looked like the skeleton of a whale, another big crowd in New Road laughing and singing along to the dual Dolly Parton impersonators, or dancing in the park to an eclectic 1940s and 50s disco. Thousands of folks about and luckily the night was warm and there was a wonderful carnival atmosphere: Brighton at its best. Elsewhere we wandered into the Stein where there were other tents and events, including a Charleston tent where people were cavorting in a lively fashion.

Then to The Marlborough, where Wayne and Matt were, and I begame embrioled in various highly competitive pool games with them and Cath and Lorraine as revellers and music surged all round the table.

Home along London Road slightly worse for wear, Lorraine had the idea of having a kebab, as we'd eaten very little during the day. Disgraceful donner at 1:30pm and Cath, Lorraine and I shooting the breeze until Cath availed herself of the guest room and L and I finally chrashed out. A wonderful night out.

Below Lorraine and I setting out. Dancing in the Charleston tent, dancing in the Park, crowds on New Street listening to Dolly Parton impersonators.






Comments