Elephants with furry faces

Lorraine up with the sparrows and me not far behind her. I made my way to the Twitten, and showed a nice couple in their 30s around the place. And in the afternoon showed Jim the Sparky the equipotential bonding problem, for this is the kind of thing I now do at the drop of a hat. He says it is an easy fix and will do it next week, and thankfully he mentioned a price which didn't Van de Graaf what's left of my hair.

We have a Bulgarian cleaner called Sonia. She showed me her passport and seemed keen to show that she was a Bulgar and not a burglar. I like her but communication is difficult. It's weird, I am about to become a landlord, and I have a cleaner. The young and briefly-Marxist Peter Kenny would look at me with starting eyes.

Poor Lorraine not home till 9:30. I cooked a spinach and chicken curry. Basil the cat barging about the place excitedly as I did so. Basil is so porcine she cannot fit through the catflap, neither Lorraine nor Betty like it when I allude to the fact that she is humongous. It is the furry elephant in the room.

Calliope still top cat by virtue of the fact that she enjoys stampeding the others. Most days she earmarks ten minutes at seven o'clock to torment Basil and give her an aerobic workout. There is no love lost between those two.

Reading Sherlock Holmes stories on my kindle. The idea that a honed intellect and careful observation can solve any mystery is very comforting and, of course, wrong.

Comments