Roasting

Out of bed this morning and straight into the park to film a bit more for the video. Lovely low slanting light, and hot sun. Then home to cook breakfast for Lorraine, and read the paper.

But it was then I realised I had lost my glasses. I searched for my spectacles almost unceasingly from 9:30am to 1:30pm, which involved going to the Twitten twice and searching the Old Church Hall methodically, asking at the supermarket etc. Lorraine joined in too and it was her inspired question, 'have you looked inside the shoes' which led me to finding them in the wardrobe, inside a pair of old canvas shoes I was wearing yesterday while paiting. What I noticed is that I was resigned to having lost them after the first hour of searching. I need to sort my head out for I am expecting to be frustrated, and that surely can only invite frustration into your life.

Excellently, our oven was replaced this afternoon by a shiny new one. The glass having exploded on Lorraine's oven on the 15 August. They were so late with the repair that their own rules forced them to provide a spanking new one. Roasted an chicken to celebrate.

Below one of the painted statues in Preston Park in the morning.

Comments