Rebalancing

No trip to London this morning, but up early. Living with the lovely Lorraine often means a cup of tea first thing which is unutterably fantastic.

Finished off a little agency stuff in the morning, and even found half an hour to play with the pastels I'd bought a while ago. I can't seem to write anything of my own though, but it may not be a bad thing to let the field lie fallow for a while, while I continue to blunder through The Cloud of Things That Must Be Done.

Seized the opportunity to doze happily dodging the cough which seems to be returning. Also had a chat with Mum who was talking about flat wooden cats which she has been making, but is growing bored with.

Cooked a large vegetarian chilli and basmati rice. Lorraine has a slightly OCD way of cooking basmati which I am trying to learn, though until now I always considered I have cooked rice perfectly well. Lorraine explained that I had left the lid on the rice as it was being brought to the boil, which is the cause of its disappointing stickiness.

In the evening I went to The Evening Star to meet Richard, Dipak, Fingers and Steve. A funny night, and Steve making us laugh with his account of being smitten, through a window, by a pair of snakeskin (which Steve maintains are python) cowboy boots. He intends to wear on stage at the next Sumerian Kyngs gig, which is in October and about two hundred yards from The Old Church Hall, which can't be bad. Fingers back from looking at whales in Novo Scotia, and driving through the great Canadian outdoors. Dipak and Richard making good progress on their CD.

Brighton played Liverpool tonight, and the pub filled with some football fans after it was all over. One Liverpudlian lummox shouting LIV-ER-PUEL! like a cat spraying new territory. But all fairly good humoured, and my musician mates seem indifferent to football. Came home with the very pleasant sensation of life beginning to normalise again.

Comments