Flesh unit rebellion

Feeling really rough today. Gave myself the chance to actually be ill and spend most of the day hacking in bed and on the sofa, after a brief foray into the outside world to score honey and lemon linctus, an egg hog (egg wrapped in a falafally sphere of goodness)and drop an envelope through Callum's door. The day suddenly feeling Autumnal and the big horse chestnut tree in Ditchling Rise has been spilling brown conkers onto the street for a couple of weeks now. Managed to fall asleep briefly in the afternoon, but was woken almost instantly by a man ringing the bell with a delivery for three doors away.

As the day wore on, my left ear, which has been roaring with tinnitus and mostly deaf for the last 48 hours began hurting really, really badly. In fact it felt as if someone had rammed a screwdriver into the depths of my ear and was continually stirring it about. I went to bed early in as much pain as I can remember, easily equivalent to the worst migraine. Lorraine, who despite feeling ill herself, found my cocodamol and these eventually blunted the agony.

As the night wore on I realised that the two days work I had agreed just this morning to do in London were in jeopardy. But the flesh unit has rebelled.

Comments