Angels

Another sweaty night of continuous coughing. My left ear is deaf, roaring with tinnitus. Ironic that having made a CD last weekend, I can't listen to it.

I went to the Twitten where I paid John for decking and kitchen fixing. I seems a job well done. Dawn there and luckily she is expert at talking to stern, taciturn builders. She has been my guardian angel in all this house business.

Today was Beth's big day. She set off, finally, to The University of West London. Mark stayed overnight and travelled up to Kingston with her. Leaving the Twitten, I met them and Lorraine at the station. Some crying from Betty and Lorraine, but generally all cheery as we said goodbye. Several texts and calls from Beth during the day.

Amazingly Betty and Mark were outside Norbiton station, wondering where to go from there, and my pal Sarah randomly recognised Betty from the play in March, and gave them a lift to Betty's new flat. Something reassuring about Sarah suddenly manifesting herself like this.

Then, the angelic Lorraine working again, I slept through much of the afternoon. and had an early night feeling strangely protected.

Comments