Foggy

Working hard this morning on various ailment copy. The man cold has now settled onto my chest and I am intermittently feverish. Once this was done I went off into Brighton to buy a few pressies for Anton, as it was his brithday. Also to sort out my Blackberry, which is not only frozen, but now officially dead. After some to-ing and fro-ing they have agreed to courier the part of the phone that does not work any more tomorrow. Every piece of technology I own is failing piece by piece.

Went into a record shop and sore a vinyl single called Virgo Four Perfection, which seemed an ideal purchase for Anton. However when I got it home, the title had changed to Virgo Four Resurrection, which isn't the same thing at all. I also went into a charity shop and got some more vinyl for him. It staffed by a pair of least convincing angular male to female transgender ladies I have ever seen, both rather tightly lipped and unsmiling until you start to chat.

A nice afternoon, though somewhat worn thin by coughing and so on. In the evening up to seven dials through a thick sea fog. Anna and Anton sitting outside a restaurant with intermittent heating as banks of Jack the Ripper fog drift past. Both looking tanned and relaxed after a couple of weeks in France. Some friends of Anton and Anna's passed, talking about pea-soupers. Then off to the new Seven Dials where Martin and Sam were waiting. The place is under new ownership, but the food was disappointing and took forever to arrive. I had crispy rabbit starter, but spent much of the time wishing they'd get a hop on. It was nice to see Martin and Sam who I'd not seen for at least a year.

Home through the fog, feeling rather tired and wussy, before diving swiftly for bed.

Comments