The van Gogh option

Appalling night of ear agony, which led me to briefly consider the van Gogh option. Woke up from half an hour's fitful sleep in the morning and my ear was leaking noxiously, which this had relieved the pain a little. Walked to the quack in the morning through rain feeling weak as a kitten. He gave me antibiotics. Home, and sweating profusely from chesty flu decided to go back to bed and slept intermittently till 7 o'clock. Poor Lorraine snuffly and miserable too but working from home. Beth in the final stages of getting ready for college. Beth and Mark had Amy around, before they went out. Amy is going to Guernsey next weekend and I have given her a copy of The Guernsey Double, which has quietly been selling from Amazon too. Not in droves but at least in a trickle.

Forgot to say that I was approached lately by Livia in Guernsey who wants to use some of my poems for an exhibition of Channel Islands poetry running from October till next year, which is fun.

Was far too ill to work today, so had to say goodbye to two days of Freelance work, which is a first for me. I simply can't afford to turn work down, but I had no choice. Watched a little TV, before going to bed and sweating again from my horrid chest and ear infections. The tinnitus is huge, and I hope this goes away as my ear calms down. To bed, Lorraine coughing lots. When she stopped I started, and the long night began.

Below The road not taken.

Comments