Alarms and sweet music

Mark had gone out after work with some friends, including Matt partner of Sarah who Beth works as a nanny for sometimes (and is head of the stage school Beth and Mark attended). Mark and Matt where having a chat at about 3:00am sitting down on the beach where they were randomly attacked by a gang of youths. Mark was picked up and thrown into the sea, and Matt who has had army training was set upon by half a dozen youths kicking him in the face. They arrived at our house at about 3:30 Matt covered in blood. Lorraine and Beth tended to them and put Matt to bed after checking for concussion. Shamefully, I was feeling so rough at 3:30am that I didn’t even get up.

In the morning poor Matt's face was very colourful with an entirely closed eye, a broken nose and covered in bruises, and after Sarah came around Mark and Matt went to the police station to give their statements. I lent Matt a pair of shoes as his were covered in blood. Sinks full of soaking blood spattered clothes.

Meanwhile I was feeling positively ill today, and coughing in great gasping bouts.

Lorraine drove me off, happening by Matt in the street, to go to Dr Scardanelli's Recording Studio. Here, despite my persistent hacking coughs, we did another excellent seven hour session editing the CD. It is all coming together now, and sounding wonderful. I feel very proud of the work we have done. Really like working with Simon too, a really interesting man whose suggestions are in our best interests, and he has a real sensitivity to what we’re after.

I got a new piece for my phone, but this meant that all my contacts, settings etc. are lost. I need a password to sort out the email, but of course I have lost this. More annoying stuff to sort out. And my IT Jonah worked in Simon's studio with his mixing software repeatedly crashing. I am honestly beginning to think it is me.

We took a break and walked down to Fanny’s of Hanover, a fine food emporium who also sell 'I (heart) Fanny’s' teeshirts. I was rather tempted. Matt bought a small pie, and I a baguette for myself and Simon. Listening so hard for hours is exhausting work, and I was feeling so ill and tired at the end of it I simply went straight home instead of drinking beers with Matt. Sat on the sofa utterly shattered, listening with some pleasure to the latest version of the CD that had been 'bounced down' by Simon.

Betty and Mark at home. Beth packing to get ready to transport her stuff up to Kingston tomorrow. Mark trying to cope with the emotional after effects of his horrid night. Lorraine and I bought a takeaway curry. And we ate this before repairing greatfully and utterly exhaustedly to bed.

Below an egg-boxy corner of the studio, and a corner of Simon too.

Comments