In search of bananas

First Matie over for breakfast this morning. I sloped off to get middle class food from Arkwrights. On the way back was stopped by a man who asked me to walk him to the bus stop. He said was about to be eighty and was having trouble with his arthritis. As we neared the bus stop, he mentioned he wanted a paper, so we toddled on to the newsagent, but as we approached the newsagent he said what he actually wanted was bananas so I took him all the way back to Arkwrights. I left him at the shop and returned feeling vaguely guilty that I hadn’t waited to walk him home. A persuasive and charming gentleman.

Then bacon and eggs with First Matie, who had stayed with pals in Hove last night. She harvested our cardboard boxes for her next move, which will see her living on Strand on the Green. Not under cardboard of course, but in a house. Forced Katie to listen to some of the CD and drank teas before she drove off in her green Subaru. After Kate left, I noticed for a few moments I could hear more from my left ear. I think this may be A Promising Sign.

Later Mark, on the brink of his move to Southampton University tomorrow, arrived to collect his bicycle. Then Rosie arrived, and we all went to find a late Sunday lunch in the Open House. This plan was not successful, so we wandered increasingly starved down to The Basketmakers where we had nice roasts, and a couple of beers. Bumped into Adam Bushell and his friend Rachel who teaches piano and we all sat tighter and chatted.

Meanwhile evil was abroad, and Manchester United were busy beating Chelsea. Naturally there was a crowing text from Anton. Watched the Match of the Day horror show with Lorraine before going to bed.

Comments