Score!

Yippee... Can't describe the feeling of Matt handing me the This concert will fall in love with you score, nicely bound with lots of music and my words in it. Even better we had our first choir rehearsal today in St Michael & All Angels where we'll be performing. Matt took the choir (which includes Lorraine singing alto) through two madrigals which will be in the first half, and then quickly through some of the new material. I've never heard my words sung before, and it was an amazing feeling. This was voice only, with Matt playing a few lines and chords on the piano, but it sounded absolutely gorgeous. I also began to try out my lines in the context of the choir. Felt great to be starting.

Mindy came to visit today, with her delightful daughter Lola. Good to see Mindy and meet the five year old Lola for the first time. Naturally we went down to the pier, and wandered among the tuppeny rollers, and high tech one armed bandits. Walked past a man and woman, with their little kid standing between them, who had plastic machine guns on their shoulders and were blowing away dozens of terrorist-style adversaries on a giant screen before them.

We repaired home after a go on the rather sedate merry go round, which Lola enjoyed. Once Lola in bed Mindy and I put the world to rights over a bottle of wine till I could hardly keep my eyes open.

Below my camera battery had mysteriously discharged, and my blackberry photos were rubbish. But here are two, um, impressions of Matt being conductorly. I have taken some stills on the movie camera, which I may use later.

Comments