Back to school

Up early and working on poems today. Making progress on a companion piece to the Vineries one, about the ruined glasshouses still dotted about the island after the tomato industry died.

Into Stanford School this afternoon to meet Mark Rodericks and two of his colleagues to discuss Skelton Yawngrave in the school, and we arranged that I am going to do some work there in June, which should be fun. Mark is a really likeable guy and appears excellent at his job. Some interesting feedback from the teachers too who are reading Skelton. The test will be when 90 kids look at it, and I get their feedback. Yikes. Funny how easy it is to get quickly lost in a school, felt quite mazy as Mark walked me through it. He also told me they have a wartime bomb shelter in the grounds, and describing this makes for a great creative writing exercise for the kids.

Walked away in teeming rain, and down towards Sainsburys. I found myself near Lorraine's house, and as she was working from home, I popped in for a short while, before shopping and home in the still hosing it down rain to resume work. Watched the Chancellor and his shadows debating US presidential style on TV this evening. Nothing too startling, though George Osbourne, tory shadow chancellor, clearly a weasel.

Comments