Art and Brains

No night terrors trained up to my dentist who is in Strand on the Green. I like my dentist. I feel so relaxed with her that I almost fell asleep as she did her scrape 'n' polish. Soon free to amble about old haunts in Chiswick before tubing to meet Mum and Mase at Sloane Square.

The Oriel where we'd traditionally met has closed after 25 years. After a spot of wandering about dodging the rain in deep shock, we settled on downstairs in the Royal Court Theatre where we had a restorative drink and a snack before catching the free minbus off to the Affordable Art Fair.

Here Mason went off to trap people at the stands, and Mum and I sloped about looking at the art. As ever there are a few interesting bits and pieces, and a lot of tiresomely predictable stuff. However there was a little print I'd seen last year, which had returned. I got an etched print 99/100 called In the Deep Midwinter, by Morna Rhys. Mum bought it for me as an early birthday present, which considering my birthday is over six months away is pretty good going. Mum also networking with Linda Blackstone.

We walked about a bit more before crushing back into the minbus and parting on the train at Victoria. Home to a quick drink with Lorraine in the Great Eastern pub. Had two rather nice pints of Brain's SA and texted my old pal Simon who used to tell me about this legendary "Skull Attack" beer when we were students. Then we had a takeaway Chinese and boofed onto the sofa.

Below the Rhys phys, and a snap of Strand on the Green and my old local the Bull's Head by the railway bridge where Matty boy now lives.








Comments

Hunter said…
Ah - you should have given me a call!
Peter Kenny said…
So I should!