Bottoms up

Improved steadily today. A sudden craving for a salty bacon sandwitch. Wonderful.

Despite my best efforts to get out of it, wrote some French copy off and on with a cotton wool head. Suggested that I visit them to help with their briefing, after literally being asked to capture the sun and sea, history, culture, outdoor life, food, vinyards, watersports, great citybreaks, nature and wildlife of the Pays de la Loire in under fifteen words.

Dimly remembered my hospital appointment. En route, the taxi driver told me that he works for Thomsons Holidays and goes to various resorts to review them. He's off to Turkey next week.

After Mum's recent adventures, and the fact that colorectal cancer runs in the family I thought it prudent (as a hypochondriac) to initiate checks. The doctor inserted a finger followed by an arseoscope and announced himself unalarmed. I'm glad one of us was. Due to the family history, however, a camera will be sent where the sun doesn't shine in a few of weeks.

Got the bus back and walked through Brighton, enjoying being outside. Had the pleasant sensation of Brighton being my town, and the only other place I have felt like that about is Guernsey. Bought some miso soup which I was craving, and popped into the supermarket for catfood and melons, saying an awkward hello to Lorraine's ex-husband in the aisle. Ready for a nice sit down by the time I reached home.

Happily Mark at Stanford School has been in touch to reorganise. He is suggesting I go in there and talk to 90 kids about Skelton Yawngrave, and writing, and then they are all going to read and review it. Amazing!

Comments