BlackBerry and Brass Bands

An admin morning. Good to be able to do some billing. Had a good laugh with Carl at lunchtime who is recovering from having his gall bladder removed, but otherwise was his usual funny self.

Lorraine going through more house torments. It's horrible not being able to help much.

After lunch slipped off to the barbers, as my hairs have reached the state where children point and laugh. The barbers empty so I got a good cut. Bumped into Steve Wrigley my old next door neighbour there. He is a leading light of the Brighton Beach Boys, and we talked about meeting up. They are doing their usual mash up of Sgt. Pepper and Pet Sounds for the festival, and this year I actually want to see it.

A short walk afterwards, and then a focused poetry session for an hour or so in my magic cafe, but worked on them till I decided all the poems that were going into the Guernsey Double were tripe. Always a good moment to stop.

Went to upgrade my phone, which I'd had for ages and came away with a BlackBerry at no extra charge. Always felt jealous of people important enough to have CrackBerrys, and now I'm one of them. Naturally all the people I was jealous of are now on the iPhone but so it goes.

Out this evening with Anton to the Eddy, and a couple of other pubs. First time we'd been for a cheeky beer in ages.. He brought around an LP called Rock with the Hot 8 Brass Band released by Brighton's TruThoughts label. They are an exuberant 12 piece brass band from New Orleans who play funky mad tunes, such as this one... A cover of Marvin Gaye's Sexual Healing.

Comments