Road to recovery

Yay! Able to eat again. Had French tourist board writing to do and so simply got on with it. I'm so lucky to work from home sometimes.

Once the French work complete, repaired to the gold sofa to listen to The Road by Cormack McCarthy. Wonderful book about a father and son wandering through an ashen post-Apocalyptic gloom, starved and scavenging, dodging the feral dregs of humanity. Makes me want to see the film too.

Fiddled about with facebook and made a page for This concert will fall in love with you. Also sent out an event page for the first night. Was feeling somewhat wussy and feverish when I did it so wasn't sure I was doing it right. All really exciting. First rehearsals of the singers will be at St Michael's church next Saturday. Will film this.

Off to Lorraine's this evening, and after a spot of bed assembling, we went with Beth to the local Indian restaurant, about a hundred yards away. Good news: it was crowded, cheery and the food was fine - despite the menu having pages of options.

Comments

Amanda said…
The Road looks interesting, I will check it out.

You may enjoy Margaret Atwood's two post-apocalyptic novels "Oryx and Crake" and "The Year of the Flood"
Peter Kenny said…
I like Atwood, but haven't read those ones yet. I will. What is it that makes us enjoy post apocalyptic novels though?