Walking to school

Up early, and was working by seven. By working I mean dealing with Calliope's attention seeking for an hour. Then up the road to collect Klaudia and take her to school. Anna does have pleurisy, so is taking care of herself at home.

We dawdled somewhat with Klaudia finding special things to do en route, like walking over every basement grill in the street. Reminded me of my first walks to school in Guernsey, how there has to be a special route to school. Arrived at school and lurked about for a few minutes trying to blend in with the parents. Klaudia showed me the book about ice cream she had been reading. From this I learnt that even spiders like ice cream. Then her "beautiful" (quote Klaudia) teacher turned up, and she went off happily.

Then home again to a rested Calliope, who gambolled about the place for a bit before falling asleep on my lap as I worked. Wrote the Skelton Yawngrave stuff for several hours, and broke off to watch Gordon Brown's conference speech, and simultaneously play a furiously paced and rather springy game of paper shredding with the kitten. I think GB did quite a good job under the circumstances.

I had cooked a bean jar during the day, and Lorraine popped by for a couple of hours this evening, had a bowl of bean jar and played with the kitten. Calliope is a chick magnet.

After Lorraine left a chilled evening watching a TV programme about anger with Griff Rys Jones, which was fairly good. I have quite a long fuse, but sometimes I wonder if not expressing anger, is as bad. I had a pacific kitten tucking itself under my chin, as I watched it. She bit me on the earlobe today on two separate occasions. Possibly for therapeutic reasons.

Comments