Friday feeling

Friday, and my last day at Reuben's place. Off to Waterloo with violent stomach cramps and experiencing waves of nausea, to the point where I nearly got off the train. Perhaps it was the large slabs of American style meat. However things settle down enough to go into work, and although I felt very sick off and on during the day, I did not actually hurl. This was fortunate as the creative department of Reuben's agency went off for an ironic sit down fish and chips and chapagne for lunch. I was invited too, which was nice, although I passed on the champagne, as my guts were not yet ready for this. Curiously the F&Cs seemed to lessen the quease.

Had fun at lunch, and there are some nice folks at this agency. Talking to a lay preacher on one side, and a woman who had lived in Japan on the other. And Reuben being funny and cheery as usual. Bob called just as we were leaving the restuarant, and he told me about how Millie has had her first day in school this week in Salisbury. Worked hard in the afternoon, but was quite pleased to head for home, being absolutely riveted by Engleby by Sebastian Faulks.

My gold sofa was particularly seductive tonight. I detached myself from it only to let a wet and cheerful Lorraine in, and then to slip off to with her to buy some Chinese grub. Then happily ate this while watching a little junk TV as the rain fell outside.

The weekend. Splendid. Not had that Friday feeling for a while...

Comments