Too cute

Up early and thinking of New York. Got to work, and now a smidge away from having my slimmed down 22 poem ms ready to send out and get cracking with. Spoke to Simon at some length this morning too, about various sustainability projects, and we'll see each other tomorrow - after I've done my interview with Pooran. Apparently the Cat with the Hat will be down in Brighton too.

Sloped off for a swym, the pool was freezing, and the showers had no hot water. I spoke to someone in the gym and the spoke back, which is a bit of a first.

Now listening to Dance Dance Dance by Haruki Murakami as an audiobook. I love Murakami's work, but this one seems to have slipped through the PK net. So I need to get it read. Good so far, and has a cat, albeit a dead one. His work makes me feel strangely calm.

Got a note from the local radio, and a producer is going to call me about an idea I wrote to them with. Watch this space.

In the evening Lorraine came around for a short while, and she came with me up the road as I was babysitting my Godbairns. A surfeit of cute tonight, with Oskar bouncing up and down copying his bouncing Tigger toy and laughing, and the kids sleeping in the same bed, and Klaudia chatting happily to me. It took them a while to settle, even after Lorraine read them a story. Once they did, and Lorraine left, I was left in the company of the kittens Lenin and Pinkie Barbie Ariel (Klaudia's kitten) who decided I was a climbing frame, and then a dormitory and sat about licking each other's faces.

This while I was watching a TV documentary about a Tania Head who bizarrely faked a 9/11 story, and became president of the survivor's group. Turns out she wasn't a US citizen, and wasn't even in the US at the time. An amazing and cruel fantasist.

Anton and Anna returned early and I pushed blamelessly off home.

Comments

Amanda said…
Do you download your audio books from somewhere like Audible.com?

I have a couple but the readers voice put me off - I didn't make it through them yet.
Peter Kenny said…
Hi Mandy, yes I get them from Audible...But they are variable. Some are so badly read that they are unlistenable. But the top three books I've listened to as audiobooks were Dune, The Time Traveller's Wife, and Engleby. This Murakami one is okay too, once you get over the US accent. Things like Dickens etc read by Americans is all wrong though.