Happy days

I'd set my alarm early and got up to complete and file my piece on Crodyon, before returning to bed. Then after a light breakfast with Lorraine, off to the gym for a swym. It felt great to be swimming, although they have the water quite coolish in their pool. Anton told me this was good as it burns off more calories, but the involuntary yelping as I got in wasn't very dignified.

Then met Lorraine again to do a spot of shopping. Home again I made a large salad and attended to one or two bits while Lorraine read the Guardian. Then a long afternoon sleep, where I woke feeling rested and generally cheery. Watched the X Factor, which is despicable junk TV etc. but nevertheless compulsive viewing, and Lorraine likes it too.

I suddenly realised that I felt happy. Recent glooms and twiching seem to be abating, which is rather nice.

In the evening went out with Lorraine, Brian and Anton as part of Anton's ongoing birthmonth celebrations. Incessant rain tonight. Two drinks in the jolly butchers, where I lost my umbrella and spent some time searching and quizzing the barmaid before discovering it on the back of my chair. Then some pizza based knife and forkwork in Strada. Lorraine pointed out to a couple sitting outside in the teeming rain, and the woman was cutting the man's hair. Rather surreal. Then a final drink in the Eddy, which was in one of its boisterous lurching around nights. Brian going into buying shots mode, but left with Anton before damage was done.

Home to a large sparkling water. All in all, a very cheery day.

Comments