Waterloo and cat terrifying

Up with the sparrows, feeling vaguely coldy, and headed off to Waterloo to Reuben's agency. I am doing a couple of days freelancing, though Reuben wasn't there today. Quite nice to be back in the South Bank, near where I worked in my IBM years. Pleasant agency and nice people, and interesting work too. Also spoke to Simon, and the Cat with the Hat today.

Walking back to Waterloo station after work, I discovered Brian outside the Fire Station pub with some chums. He was quite well refreshed, and trying to entice me to stay to drink with them. However I didn't, as I was being a responsible Godparent as today is both Bob and Anton's birthday (they are like two peas in a pod) and I had promised to babysit for local Virgo Anton.

Sat downstairs at Anton's place trying to finish my Croydon article, but feeling braindead and continually diverted by their two new kittens tumbling about the place. Fortunately the bairns upstairs slept like babies, so the babysitting part was easy.

Anton and Anna returned home - Anna feeling a bit sick. Anton showed me his book of Cold War military aircraft, and played a few tunes. One of these, by UB40, has a noise at the beginning of the record (Tyler on Signing off) which has always terrified Trotsky the cat. Anton demonstrated the effect on all three cats. As soon as the record started, there were instant frantic cat scrabblings - Trotsky bolting upstairs as usual, and the kittens both shooting under the cooker.

A hilarious sight. I wonder what they think it is? It is the only record that does it. After, Anton lay on the floor and slightly guiltily coaxed them out from under the cooker.

Comments