A cat foretold

Up early this morning. Calliope rather taking things over today. She is adorable. But very clingy and spent most of the day either playing or sleeping on me, or acting like a cat scarf and draping herself around my neck. Lots of walking about on my laptop keys, and generally being so attention seeking my only tactic was to play with her till she fell asleep, and then I could get on with my work. Tremendously entertaining however.

Apart from a great deal of cat handling, had a swim, and made some excellent progress on my book.

Heard from Joan who told me about a prophetic dream the night before I got Calliope, about a cat which played tricks, and its owner with a cat's head whose name was Pete. I can only conclude that the coming of Calliope was foretold.

Anna is sick, with possible pleurisy, I spoke to her in the afternoon. Last night she had to go to hospital to get help due to shortness of breath. As a result, Anton asked me to take Klaudia to school tomorrow. Mum sent me a picture of Skelton Yawngrave today, which was excellent. And Lorraine spoke to me shortly before pushing off to her choir. Spoke to Bob too.

I heard recently about E A Markham's death, in March. I met him a couple of times in about 1991. He was introduced to me as Archie, and I remember him as being a gentle and modest man.

Comments