White rabbit day

Cursing myself as my alarm did not ring, and I woke up late and feeling exhausted and still vaguely coldish after a terrible night's sleep. Threw on some clothes and headed up to Waterloo, head hanging in shame and trying to work on my article on the train.

Nobody really cared that I was late, in fact it was a mild mannered day with Reuben back in the office, and we went out for a fast Thai lunch and catch up. It is heartening to see him be an excellent creative director and fielding calls over yellow curries. Although there wasn't much to do this afternoon, I've been asked back for the rest of the week which is good for the Kenny coffers.

Home fairly easily and working on my blasted Croydon article after watching the US version of Hells Kitchen with Gordon Ramsay swearing at unfortunates in New York. He made his reality show chefs sift through garbage bins of discarded food at to demonstrate how much they had wasted. Amazing the humiliations people will endure to be on TV. It took an hour of this before I grew a bit tired of watching other people get bullied. Up to my study to work. But after an hour or so I felt so tired when I got around to working again on the wretched Croydon article that I made little progress.

Feeling depressed that the potential Republican vice president of the US is a creationist and believes that evolution and creationism should get equal weighting in American schools. Religious maniacs everywhere are trying to drag us back to the dark ages.

Listening to a splendid audiobook called Engleby by Sebastian Faulks - which is reminds me a little of my student days - although set a bit before before my time - and is quite disturbing at the same time.

Comments