Balance

Worked industriously and got five manuscripts off into cyberspace or in old fashioned envelopes. Two for the poetry collection, and three off to poetry magazines. Conscious that I am sending off some really strong material now, and this feels good and positive. This balanced and relaxed feeling a total volte-face from yesterday. I rewarded myself with a blueberry muffin.

I listened to the Allison Fearns show as I worked. I'm trying to judge the best tone of how to approach tomorrow's show, which seems very chatty and low key. Don't feel at all nervous and will prepare a mind map of stuff to glance at, and just show up.

Lots of people coming down to Brighton, all calling me today: Mad dog, Lakshmi, First matie, Mum and Mason will all be down in the next week. Maybe it's the magnetism of the kitten. Spoke to Sophie too, who said Calliope is a name she associates with old Greek women with gold earrings.

Lorraine came round this evening, and the kitten companionably attacked her sleeves, hair and necklace, and generally sprung around the place exhaustingly. Pleasingly she hasn't climbed up the chimney all day, which is an improvement.

Comments