A click

A note from Richard Fleming saying that there was to be a new anthology of Guernsey poetry, which I will be in. Very happy about this - it has been a good year for my work in the island.

Up to see Mum and Mase today. Avidly reading V for Vendetta on the train, and the time passed with me absorbed by the paranoid, post-apocalyptic gloom of the story. Happily the headache caused by a seized up neck, disappeared with a "click" as I turned abruptly to look out of the window. Mum once cracked her neck on a tube while her mouth was open, amplifying the sound alarmingly.

Lurked about with Mum and Mase, chatting lots this afternoon and evening. Mum looking really well, and we three spent some time looking at her paintings, a few of which had been expertly framed by her former dealer.

Everyone off to bed early, and I finished V for Vendetta, before clambering into the airnest.

Comments