Good vibrations

A slightly sluggish start. Coughing a little in the night and feeling non-specifically wussy today. However, after a spot of shopping, and a few calls, I made off to Croydon after lunch. I've never had anything other than sucky times in Croydon. But this time I met a very nice woman called Kia who is head of environment and sustainability, whom I interviewed for ON TRACK. She almost converted me to Croydon and the surprisingly green agenda of its council. Almost.

Home and gripped by a sudden heavy lethargy, and slept soundly on my sofa for an hour at five. Then sprang up again to start writing up the interview. I had met Kia in a cafe and recorded it in there. Fortunately I can just hear her, but my own wafflings are almost inaudible. Good thing it wasn't the other way round.

Then off to the Hanbury in Kemptown with Lorraine in her car. I had no real idea where it was, so we spent some time wandering about in the far reaches of Kemptown, fortunately Lorraine is of a relaxed disposition and didn't mind to much. We parked randomly and walked for some time. We were to see the Brighton Beach Boys, featuring my ex-next door neighbour Steve Wrigley.

I'm not particularly keen on the Beach Boys but the Brighton Beach Boys were so good, it was hard not to be swayed. Also chatted to Stephen Kalinich, actual Beach Boy collaborator, and poet. Sadly we had to leave early before he came on for the second half. Managed to chat to the Stephens and Naomi (Steve W's partner and my ex-neighbour) before I left though.

The Hanbury is an attractive little venue, with a high domed ceiling, and it was really good fun. Lorraine drove us home, after a sensible and restrained night out. I suppose it was a Monday, and I have work in London tomorrow, and Lorraine has her new job to attend to.

Still thinking about cats.

Comments