Two days in a blur

Thursday and Friday in pitch frenzy. The Gnome and me barricaded away going slightly mad. However lots of people steamed in to help and eventually me and the Gnome got things organised. I ended Friday seething with anger though about another work-related matter and I had one of my rare taking no prisoner half hours which ended up with me being roundly placated.

Despite this there was some fun to be had. Spent Friday lunchtime with the Gnome and my boss Nick and Canadian Mark and a new nice team sat outside by the river in Spring-like sun. Suddenly there were people sporting shades and as Nick observed, almost 50% of people are ladies. Me on suddenly loquacious form, which I enjoyed anyway.

Heard from Anton on Thursday sounding incredibly relieved, as he did not have the lung cancer he had become certain he had after chest x-ray. Anna has been away and he was explaining how it is when you are on your own and ill. He claimed the Doctor had told him that he was still iller than I had been. Meanwhile the French Bloke has scored me a home blood pressure monitor so I can bring the paranoia and ghastliness of the doctor's surgery into my very own home!

For one reason or another, I ended up drinking in the evening on both Thursday and Friday. On Thursday talking to Nicoletta's opera singing boyfriend again. I know next to nothing about Opera so it was interesting to learn more about this. I asked him what he thought of Peter Pears who was Benjamin Britten's favourite singer (and partner). Mum really likes him and used to play Britten chunes when me and Toby were bairns. Nicoletta's boyf, however, thinks he had a poor voice, and sings out his head. I think he was talking out of the top of his head, but I am no expert.

On Friday night I was bought a conciliatory beer (after The Big Strop) and then had a couple more drinks before heading for home. Was woken up by a kindly man on the train at Brighton station. And discovered in my mind an unassuageable desire for a curry. Sensibly ate this at 11:30pm so that guts would be assailed full force in the dead of night.

O blessed weekend and a chance to talk to Sarah in calm and human circumstances. She sent me a card for St Patrick's day complete with sprinkles. I found another sprinkle in my shoe. They get everywhere.

Comments