Heart of darkness

Caught the train this morning with Anton. As usual he was in the station about twenty five minutes before the train left. Usefully though he buys coffees to drink on the train and we chatted nicely all the way up to London.

Shortly after arriving at work the horror set in. I woke from a trance and realised that I was daubed with primitive body art and was rocking myself gently in a dark hut. The two orbs of the Gnome's brown eyes were staring balefully at me from somewhere in the dark. All our ideas have bitten the dust and we have a pitiful amount of work to show for it. And even this is deemed largely wrong due to the frenziedly moved goalposts. Fortunately our colleagues have had a more profitable time and are shining with youthful brilliance and talent. Bah.

Explained to my boss that I wanted to hang myself, but he took me for a beer instead. Then I saw the French Bloke unaccountably quaffing in the bar, and it would have affronted gentlemanly conduct not to have had a beer or two with him.

On the way home mumbled at a foul burger at Victoria. This was the tipping point however, and there will only be wholesome things eaten for the foreseeable future. Then home, and IM with Sprinkles, who burst from my computer like a ray of sunlight with a rather nice hairdo.

In other news, had an email from Joan out in Ontario who had fallen nastily in the snow, but is now recovering well. And from Mum who had an encouraging meeting with an art dealer yesterday. I am banned from blurting out anything about this on this blog however.

Below from Joan the intrepid Pinkie (L) with his new amigo Stan.

Comments