Friday, Skyline and more Lynching

Up surprisingly easily this morning having been entirely sensible the night before. Off to work, and met Max the Mentor not far from the office, who linked arms with me and we walked companionably into work. Today was her twentieth year in the agency. Made me think how one of the things about working at the same place for seven years is that you do make some good friends.

For me, not a bad day, worked on another pitch blog, and was taken out for some Italian grub by a nice suit called Nicoletta to discuss the overarching strategy for a new pitch. I like her and we had a nice chat. Her fiance is the pleasant opera singer I met a few weeks ago. I am going to get sucked into a world of pitching again for the next couple of weeks.

Back to work and the Gnome and I were slightly bogged down. Felt enervated and so I focused more on coughing impressively. However I encountered an even more jaded-looking French Bloke in a meet during the afternoon. He is simply not used to drinking any more.

I was happy to receive proofs of two more poems in my in-basket for a US magazine called Skyline, which is cheering. One of them ancient, called Exorcism, and the other a newer one the last year or so called Romantic.

Home after a slow seeming journey home, and I watched some of Mulholland Drive again after reading all kinds of interpretations of it on the Internet. Makes a lot more sense the second time, and is even more enjoyable. Luckily my Lynch craze has coincided with brand new Lynch film Inland Empire being screened in Brighton this weekend.

Then sleepily talked to the deeply excellent Sarah for an hour before slumping into bed thinking how two day working weeks are exceedingly civilised, and should be the norm.

Comments