It's not the coughing that carries you off

Felt a smidge brighter and breezier this morning and bumped into my nice next door neighbour and her nippers who had just returned from Australia where they had seen kangaroos. Felt good to be out and went as far as the patisserie to buy some chewy brown loaf.

As the day wore on my joire de vivre wore off still feeling very ill and hot with an intermittent but painful cough. In the evening when I came over all John Keats and coughed some blood I phoned the medical types. I have been that there is nothing to worry about, but I may like to pop into outpatients tomorrow. I'll see how I feel in the morning.

Otherwise I quite naturally laid low. I hugely enjoyed watching more Twin Peaks and did next to nothing. Quick conversations with The French Bloke, and Anton and long IM chats with Sarah who was hard at it at work. And I now await Sarah who is going to skype me.

Then I shall head for bed and wait to be wrapped up by the soft embalmer of the still midnight.

Comments