A day of no ideas

Took my laptop on the train this morning to work on my poems and had a productive session. But at work the story was opposite. It was pretty hellish, with The Gnome and me finding ourselves unable to crack a concept for this latest pitch. I can't remember the last time I felt so stumped - and at one point simply left the office to walk by the river and think of reasons not to chuck myself into it.

Stayed a late and ended up having an enjoyable glass of wine with the FB among others, which soon helped get things in perspective. Then phoned Sarah Sprinkles walking to the tube. She sounds strangely young and different on the phone.

Then had an altercation on the Brighton train. I was sitting fiddling about on my computer and one of the two gay men behind me repeatedly kept kicking my chair. I asked the kicker to stop it, and he said annoyingly that he wasn't doing it consciously. I then asked him to ask his subconscious to stop kicking my chair. He said I was being aggressive etc. Gawd.

After dragging his dead body from the train at Brighton, I scored a Chinese takeaway, and then skyped Sarah before slumping fairly irritably into bed.

Comments

Kate said…
There's something in the air, I also spent the day fruitlessly trying to crack a brief. Finally removed my bruised and bloodied forehead from the brick wall at 6pm and took it to the pub. 'Tis true that you won't find answers at the bottom of a glass. They're all in the middle, mixed in with the cider.
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.