Back to work

Back to work and enjoying the company of humans after my recent flu-enforced solitude. Listened to my pies are bad brainwashing tape on the train, and enjoyed walking through a sunny and springlike Magravine Cemetery.

In my absence the French Bloke, Matty boy and First Matie had arranged for us all to meet today. I agreed to go along for half an hour as it was the first time the four of us had been together for at least a year. And of course I ended up staying with them, and drinking a couple of fairly restrained wines. Soon we went in search of a curry. Finding the Indian restaurant closed, we opted for a restaurant of dubious provenance next door. Starters were a few tapas bits, and then Katie and me had Moroccan tagines, and the Michel and Matt had other things.

There was much to discuss, for example Katie was proudly sporting her engagement ring. There was work to be moaned about, Michel's new house to described, Matty and my love lives to be dissected, and various other business ideas to be had. All good fun. Friends are a great antidote to flu.

Home listening to a podcast about religious books, and I biffed straight into bed.

Comments