Enter a cat ghost

Thanks to late night curry and drinking too much I lay awake starey-eyed from 3.00am to 6.00am. I have been reading a book about Vikings, so I read about folks chopping each other up in the name of Odin before I finally managed to drop to sleep again. Shortly after, however, I was awoken by the sound of a cat running into the room, jumping on the bed and springing over me to head towards the window.

Now this would have been fine and dandy if I actually had a cat. But I don't. After a fruitless search for the mystery invader, and feeling a bit odd, I went downstairs and had a glass of sparkling water with a squeeze of lemon which seemed to help. I then returned to get a couple of hours sleep.

Up woozily and soon was having a delightful conversation with Sarah Sprinkles, the Eastern US being only 4 hours behind us at the moment and she gets up unspeakably early. She is coming to England at the end of April, which I am looking forward to immensely. We'd not talked properly for a few days so there was a lot to catch up on.

I also had proofs of the contents page of Skyline to proof, and to send Dan, a work pal, the text of a poem which (if he likes it) he may play with for an ambient music thing.

Then off to sunny north London in the afternoon. Took my computer on the train and tinkered with poems. Then made my way to Mum and Mason's house in Edgware, arming myself with several flowers as it is Mother's day tomorrow. Me: Mum I've brought you some flowers. Mum: Oh no.

Lots of chatting with them both on Family matters and that Mum and Mase had found themselves laughing like hyenas in bed the other night. Looked at Mum's portfolio and designs for website. This all looking good. Mason's massive website plans are all but finished now too.

Had a nice Mason cooked turkey-based meal with a little wine, and caught up with a substantial amount of gossip and reminiscences with Mum, as Mason watched something involving lots of murders and screaming on TV. Then off tired to bed, texting Sarah, and wondering if I should call the cat ghost Paddy, as he was discovered on St Patrick's day.

Comments

Kate said…
Maybe it was a dream cat?
Peter Kenny said…
Paddy a dream cat? Impossible.