All's well that ends well

Off to work feeling very cheery today. Tinkering with poems and feeling happy on the train.

Pitch day. And it was nice not to be presenting this time, but as the pitching team set off we gave them a round of applause as they left the agency. This gave me a timely reminder of how good working in my agency can actually be. Later in the day I got lots of reassurance that I had made a good contribution and my dark night of the soul on Wednesday seems rather silly now. It's a rollercoaster ride.

After this, I spoke to the Lanie the radio lady, and slightly rearranged the time to meet on Monday. I went to the pub with the rest of my colleagues and I felt strangely Christmassy, knowing I had a holiday coming and everyone being together.

Anton being a pest about a new Stowa watch he is gloating over on the Internet, and trying to involve me in discussions about whether to go for an Airman or a Marine. Having made me look at them I realise they are really nice. I like watches that have numbers, that are simple, and don't have a million redundant functions on them. Digital watches of course are all wrong, as are vulgar watches that look like big chunks of metal. Also metal straps are wrong too.

Later in the afternoon the non-presenting members of the pitch team (including me) jumped in a taxi to join the others to a joint in Chiswick for a bite to eat and a few drinks.

I was very chilled and relaxed today, but those that had presented had to let off steam. And after some time things got quite messy. And as one very senior lady suit started dancing on the tables, and another suddenly burst into tears (on me as I happened to be sitting near her), we were invited to leave.

Home very late, fell asleep on the train, so the journey seemed to last about ten minutes, and after scoring a Chinese takeaway, I IMed the lovely Sprinkles. And now 10 days of not working stretch before me. Life is deeply sweet.

Comments