The dragon wakes

Regular readers will remember Anton and I planning a Dragon Quest, which will be on a route invented by Anton. Unfortunately we took time off work to start it, but both were ill. At the time I sent a proposal to the local BBC station about it. I got a response today, and the good news was that they love the idea.

I called but missed the producer who gets in to work at 5.00am and leaves early, but spoke to a colleague and will follow up next week. I texted Anton and we are having a planning meeting tomorrow night on his return from skiing.

Really excited by this - but of course it means me and Anton will have to do the walk now.

Otherwise dead tired in the morning, and working on the pitch. However I had a nice oxygenating walk along the river at lunchtime for an hour with the Gnome. He was telling me again about being knocked over by tram in Wimbledon, and laughing at himself because it's not as if trams move in unpredictable ways. He said he was lucky not to be brought home in a bucket. We then discussed horrible ways of dying, after he told me about his grandfather being killed in a mining accident in Wales, and then went on to describe in some detail a recent news report about a man having his head cut off. I felt positively sick by the time we reached work again.

And then put the world to rights in the work's bar with the other creatives working on the pitch for a bit. Mercifully I won't have to work this weekend.

Comments