Oblique strategies

Managed to fling myself onto the train as the doors were closing and then had to stand all the way to London. Lovely morning however, and I was cheerful. Our big pitch at work has hit a temporary lull so I went for a walk at lunchtime along the river. There is a big building site next to the office and The Gnome and I have been locked away a lot in a room which overlooks it. Fascinating seeing cranes and diggers about their business like big yellow insects. There was even a flash of an explosion the other day from the site, which I took to he lightning at the time as it was raining heavily. This morning the shadows of aircraft were passing over it which I thought was strangely filmic.

In the afternoon, during this lull I suggested the Gnome and I use some thoughts from Eno's Oblique Strategies to reframe our thinking on the pitch. We found it quite useful and interesting to think about stuff like: "Short Circuit (a man eating peas to improve virility shovels them into his lap)" for example, but we sent the results to some of our colleagues who were underwhelmed.

Got an email from First Matie inviting me to meet her in town with her pals Peter Love and Lisa, which I happily accepted.

Peter Love is a very nice man, but I couldn't help feeling that somehow he got my name. I asked him what it was like being called Peter Love and he said that people became better disposed towards him when they found out his surname. Lisa is an old friend of Katie's who I had met once or twice and is extremely nice. There were a legion of their pals there too who were very pleasant indeed. A cheerful but rather drunken evening ensued.

One of the things people don't warn you about is not drinking. Through not really drinking much these days I became quite quickly drunk. So for any young people reading this... Drinking heavily and often is the best way to maintain sobriety.

Below a blurry snap passing through Trafalgar Square, Peter Love, Lisa and Katie.









Comments

aimee said…
Thankyou for you final comment - I find it to be the treatise by which i live my life. Given that it is now 2.23am and I'm rather inebriated, I think point proven. Anyway, hello, and lovely to read what you're up to as always! See you this summer hopefully!
big love
me

ps - have just realized minor pitfall in slightly inebriated posting. The letters in the word verification checkbox move. How pesky of them. Apologies to readers who don't know me. I imagine, and desperately hope, you don't care! Big love, once more, me, again.
Peter Kenny said…
Hello Aimeeeee hope everything is steadier this morning. Be brill to see you this Summer... Come and have ice creams in the rain by the sea. x
Kate said…
Gawd, imagine how we'd have looked without emergency makeup. (Speaking for myself only of course!).