This week's preoccupation with the river ended with news of a disoriented bottlenosed whale swimming up the Thames through central London. Didn't make it to Hammersmith, although it was only a few miles downstream. It was front page of the Evening Standard, tonight and featured on the national news. Picture I stole from the BBC below, with the whale swimming past the Houses of Parliament.

As for me, somewhat foggy headed today. Stared blankly at the Guardian crossword on the train this morning, which I can usually complete. Managed to bluff my way through work, taking a walk down to the Crabtree with Pat to have a single beer with Sue and Paul who left today. Very happy for it to be Friday.

Mary Jane inspired to write today and read me the start of a promising new poem. Her head is full of watery images at the moment. And dressing the children as snowflakes for their winter ball.

Comments